Thanks for your interest in guest posting on The Pragmatic Parent. I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts posts that will inspire & help my readers.
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
I NEED TO ENSURE THE QUALITY & CONSISTENCY MY READERS ARE LOOKING FOR. SO… I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO MENTION:
- Submission of an idea or post does not guarantee publication on the site. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit The Pragmatic Parent readers, it is likely to be published. You will however be notified of any decision made.
- It can take up to 2-4 weeks to receive a response but I’ll do my best to contact you as soon as possible! It can take another 2-10 weeks for your post to be published.
- I reserve the right to edit posts to correct grammar, syntax, use of keywords and spelling. Well written posts are preferred. I also reserve the right to decline a post after the final draft is submitted and the topic is agreed upon IF the writing requires too much editing.
- Guest authors must be willing to promote their guest post on their social media platforms to help the post spread.
- In keeping with the spirit of The Pragmatic Parent, guest posts should offer practical tips and helpful solutions to common challenges in parenting, children’s behavior, mom life, sleep & routines, child safety and overall child wellness. These are the preferred topics, however consideration for well written home, cleaning and organization topics will also be given.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in ThePragmaticParent.com as a reader or follower. Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Posts must be high-quality original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Posts should be 1,000-2,500 words. Posts less than 1,000 words will be declined.
- Posts should have good use of bullets and/or headers.
- Posts should make good use of keywords (please note these keywords in your submission).
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Posts should not include affiliate links and I reserve the right to use nofollow links. (You may have links to your site in your bio)
- I’ll also need a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post plus a website link and social media links (optional).
- The Pragmatic Parent does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline ThePragmaticParent.com’s guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published. I hope you understand why I need to make these requests!
- Fill out the form below to submit your post. I will then get an email with the info you submitted.
- I will contact you within 2-4 weeks to discuss your submission. I will either accept your proposal, decline it, or request revisions. Feel free to reach out if you don’t hear from me within 4 weeks.
- We will then agree on a due date for your post.
- I will be responsible for sourcing and including images and social images with your guest post.
- I will publish you post within 2-10 weeks of receiving it if there is space in my editorial calendar.
- Any decline posts will be returned to you to publish on another platform.
If you’d like to submit an idea or post for consideration, please fill out the form below!
GUEST POST SUBMISSION FORM:
Join the 5-Day No Yelling Challenge
It's time for change. Are you ready to be a calm parent and learn how to stop yelling? Join the challenge now!