As the summer comes to a close and school gets closer to heading back into session, there are a couple things you do to help make the transition from the pool, to the classroom, easier on your child and to calm the jitters, ease school anxiety, stay healthy, stand up for themselves and set themselves on a strong course for a positive education experience.
Support from parents is key to helping kids do well academically, even from an early age in daycare and preschool. Support your child’s learning at home, and demonstrate a positive attitude about their education will go a long ways.
Here is a library of helpful resources related to school, to assist your children in their school success and thriving as a student.
BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES
- Best First Day of School Tradition to Help Calm School Nervousness
- 6 Tips for Parents to Prepare Kids for Back to School
- Back to School: 1 Month of School Lunch Ideas Kids Will Actually Eat
- Back to School: Help Your Kids Transition from Summer to School
- Getting your Family & Kids Ready to Go Back to School
- Take the Chaos Out of Busy School Mornings
- When Mom Isn’t Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten
- 7 Ways to Eliminate Morning Chaos
SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT & BEHAVIOR
- Teaching Courageous Kids How to Stand Up & Stop Bullying
- Ease Your Child’s Back to School Anxiety: How to Calm the Jitters
- Flu Prevention: 8 Ways to Help Kids Stay Healthy & Avoid Getting the Flu This Year
- Improve After School Conversations By Asking the Right Questions
- Choosing to “Redshirt” Our Kids From Kindergarten
- What Your Child’s Preschool Teacher Really Wants You to Know
- Helping Your Child Through Tough Drop-Offs at Daycare & Preschool