As the summer comes to a close and school gets closer to heading back into session, there are a couple things you do to help make the transition from the pool, to the classroom, easier on your child and to calm the jitters, ease school anxiety, stay healthy, stand up for themselves and set themselves on a strong course for a positive education experience.
Support from parents is key to helping kids do well academically, even from an early age in daycare and preschool. Support your child’s learning at home, and demonstrate a positive attitude about their education will go a long ways.
Here is a library of helpful resources related to school, to assist your children in their school success and thriving as a student.
HELPING KIDS SUCCEED IN SCHOOL
- Teaching Courageous Kids How to Stand Up & Stop Bullying
- Back to School: 6 Tips to Help Your Kids Transition from Summer to School
- Ease Your Child’s Back to School Anxiety: How to Calm the Jitters
- Flu Prevention: 8 Ways to Help Kids Stay Healthy & Avoid Getting the Flu This Year
- Improve After School Conversations By Asking the Right Questions
- Getting your Family & Kids Ready to Go Back to School
- Choosing to “Redshirt” Our Kids From Kindergarten
- What Your Child’s Preschool Teacher Really Wants You to Know
- Helping Your Child Through Tough Drop-Offs at Daycare & Preschool
- Affordable Teacher’s Gift Ideas for Christmas
- 9 Ideas to Organize Backpacks & Gear When You Don’t Have a Mudroom
- 7 Ways to Eliminate Morning Chaos
- Take the Chaos Out of Busy School Mornings
- When Mom Isn’t Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten
- Is Your Child or Toddler Waking Up Too Early? How to Fix It
- What to Look For When You’re Searching for a Daycare or Preschool
- Word Building with Legos
Join the 5-Day No Yelling Challenge
It's time for change. Are you ready to be a calm parent and learn how to stop yelling? Join the challenge now!