“Mom, I’m Bored.”
This Summer, during school breaks, and all year long, when your kids flop on the couch and complain, “I’m Bored,” now you’ll be prepared.
You may feel pressured to entertain your children or help them find something to do, and maybe this means leaning on technology in the moment, but keeping a bored jar on the counter is actually a simple, but brilliant solution for those “bored” moments.
If You Need a Screen-Free Activities your Kids will LOVE…
I know at our house, school just let out, which makes me a nervous. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with my children but after a few weeks into Summer, the newness and excitement has gradually worn off. This is when I hear the words, “I’m Bored.”
To get you started, you can grab a free printable:
72 Genius Ideas to go from “I’m Bored” to “Bored No More”
NEW: Giant list of 98 kid-approved indoor activities you can find & print here plus a school break & sample plan if you’re experiencing school closures and extended breaks at this time.
Genius Activities for Kids to Squash “I’m Bored” Complaining
1. Washi Tape Boredom Jar Printables from While He Was Napping, Momma Gets Stuff Done
2. Jar Label and Activity Labels from Chippewa Valley Family
3. Lego Head Jars to be Filled with Activity Ideas from BeauCoup
4. Color-Coded Bored Jar & Sticks by Vicky Barone
5. I’m Bored Jar with 28 Activity Ideas from Homeschool On
6. 1001 Low Cost or No Cost Summer Activities from Mum in the Mad House
7. I’m Bored Jar Productive Tokens by Wellness Mama
8. Chores, Fun & Exercise Jar from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
9. I’m Bored Art Jar by Making Lemonade
10. Boredom Buster Printable Kit from While He Was Napping, Momma Gets Stuff Done
11. 40 Indoor & Outdoor Bored Jar Activities by Crafting Chicks
12. Create Your Own I Spy Jars from Because I Said So
Don’t Forget to Grab Your Free Bored Jar Printables from The Pragmatic Parent:
Leave a Reply