I hope you enjoy the 28 growth mindset quotes I’ve put together on the four posters I’m sharing with you today. The simplicity of the statements makes them easy for children, even toddlers to digest, repeat back and use as mantras in everyday life.
What is Growth Mindset and How Does it Encourage Kids?
Before you download your growth mindset quotes, here’s a brief overview of what the two types of mindset are – Fixed Mindset and Growth Mindset.
Growth mindset isn’t just a positive attitude.
When it comes to your kids, growth mindset is important because growth mindset is what be the difference maker between a child who feels confident to try new things, persevere when the going gets tough and pick themselves up after they’ve made a mistake – and one who gives up.
How our kids view themselves matters.
That’s because it affects their ability to learn, work hard, and persevere.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the most powerful 28 growth mindset quotes for kids – simple, yet extremely effective to building a growth mindset.
Our self-perception impacts our daily lives more than we realize.
If you view yourself poorly, does it affect your ability to communicate, work, focus, connect, learn and even parent?
The answer is likely yes, isn’t it?
The same holds true for children.
What children believe about themselves, and their abilities matters a lot.
- Do they think of themselves as smart, or not?
- Do they perceive themselves to be athletic, or not?
- Do they perceive themselves to be artistic or creative, or not?
- What about having natural skill or skills that make them hard workers, kind, or social?
If children don’t have a growth mindset, and instead a fixed mindset, then all the bad, harmful thoughts of themselves is the inner voice they’ll hear each day.
This is an excellent article that discusses the difference between fixed and growth mindset and offers 9 ways to encourage a growth mindset (which pair nicely with using these growth mindset quote posters for kids you can download below.)
Another Fun Way to Encourage a Growth Mindset
Years ago, my daughter would say things like, “I’m so dumb, I’m never going to get this math!” or “I can’t do it, it’s too hard for me!”
It would break my heart watching as she berated herself, but also the fixed mindset he had about this capacity to learn and understand what was being taught at school.
That’s when I created a hand-drawn coloring book just for her with inspiring coloring sheets she could color beautifully and hang up around our house.
Here are the 28 Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids Included in the Four Posters:
- No Matter How Things Turn Out, I’ll Work Hard and Give it My Vest
- All Things are Difficult Before They are Easy
- Some Things Take Time & A Lot of Patience
- Everything New Takes Time to learn
- Mistakes Happen & Teach Me a Lesson
- It’s Okay to Not Know, It’s Not Okay to Not Try
- I Can Do Anything I Want if I Stick With It Long Enough
- Smart is Something You Become, Not Something You Are
- I Will Get Better With Practice
- Nothing is Impossible
- I Choose to Have a Positive Attitude
- I Want to Learn From My Mistakes
- I Will Think of a New Way to Tackle This Problem
- Everyone Has to Start Somewhere
- The More I Try, The More My Brain Grows
- I Can’t Do This… YET
- I Don’t Have to Be Perfect – I’m Already Amazing as I Am
- My Effort & Attitude Determine My Abilities
- The Hard Stuff is What Makes Me Stronger
- Failure is an Opportunity for Me to Grow
- I Like to Try New Things, Even If it’s Hard
- I’m Going to Work Hard to Figure This Out
- It May Take Some Times, But I Can Train My Brain to Do This
- I’m Not Going to Give Up
- I Am Brave Enough to Try
- There’s Always a Plan B
- I Can Learn Anything I Set My Mind To
- I Can Come Up With a Different Strategy
Download Your Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids
Here’s what you’ll receive:
- One PDF document with four (4) posters in color (letter-size / 8.5 x 11”)
- Download and save this document
- Print (black and white or color is fine)
- Hang them in your home or in the classroom
- Read 2 quotes each time you pass by a poster
- Strengthen your brain and build a growth mindset!
Related Positive Parenting Tools:
- 9 Ways to Encourage a Growth Mindset in Kids
- What’s Your Child’s Love Language? The 5 Love Languages of Kids
- Stop Power Struggles with Kids & Deal with a Disrespectful Child
- Teaching Feelings & 6 Steps to Help Kids Express Their Emotions
- 4 Main Parenting Styles: How Your Parenting Approach Affects Your Kids