10 best parenting books for the parent focused on positive parenting, facilitating connection, positive parent-child relationships, understanding the developing child’s brain, gentle parenting & positive discipline. These top parenting books written by parenting specialists are the leaders in positive parenting.
Best Parenting Books for the Parent Focused on Positive Parenting
I’m a researcher by nature and when something is off in our house, I have my small stack of best-selling parenting books I turn to for advice. They help me refocus on positive connections with each of my children, facilitate growth, learning and understanding of both my children’s behavior and my own. These positive parenting books have helped me gain insight to kid’s developing brains and therefor I’m abel to understand their actions from a child’s perception.
These methods of gentle parenting are wonderful for positive discipline, teaching children boundaries without shaming or harsh consequences.
These books have helped me to:
- Be a calmer parent
- Increase my patience
- Learn how to empathy, give choices and help my kids become confident & independent
- Connect with my three children, even in the midst of discipline
- Help my children talk about emotions and help them to open up so I understand what they’re feeling
- Stay in-tune to my personal triggers so I don’t place my own baggage on my kids in times of stress or frustration
- Remain calm and keep a peaceful home even during a tantrum or “kid crisis”
“Traditional” parenting tools don’t work with my strong-willed son and he pushes me often to stretch myself as his Mom and rise to meet his unique personality and needs. The best books I’ve found to effectively help him and our relationship are #5 and #6. If you’re in the same boat, these could become very well read in your house too.
When things begin to stir up at our house and I need help or a refresher, these 10 books are the best parenting books around. They all follow positive parenting methods and take a heart-centered approach to raising a happy family and being a connected and calm Mama.
I can’t say enough good things about these books, I hope they help you in your parenting journey as much as they’ve helped me along mine. These are my favorite, and the best parenting books to take you on your journey.
10 BEST PARENTING BOOKS (in no particular order)
1. Love & Logic
2. The Whole Brained Child
3. The Gift of Failure
4. Positive Parenting
5. Raising Your Spirited Child
7. No Bad Kids8. Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier and More Secure Kids
You Might Like…
- How to Create a Positive Home (And Why this Will Affect Your Kids Forever)
- When Motherhood Leads to Postpartum Depression & Burnout
- 9 Ways to Boost Your Child’s Confidence
- Ways to Develop an Emotionally Intelligent Child Who Understands Their Emotions
- How to Dig Yourself Out of Mom Burnout
Join the 5-Day No Yelling Challenge
It's time for change. Are you ready to be a calm parent and learn how to stop yelling? Join the challenge now!