The 10 best parenting books every Mom and Dad needs to read and save in their library. For the best parenting advice, these parenting books are pure gold to help you raise awesome kids, be the best parent you can be and meet the needs of each of your unique children.
I’m not a child psychologist or hold a masters in “parenting expert,” I’m a Mom trying to figure out how to meet the needs of each of my children. I’m a researcher by nature and when something is off in our house, I have my small stack of go-to books I depend on for advice. They help me game-plan with a positive approach to be the best parent each of my children need me to be and follow the curve of positive parenting.
These books have helped me to:
- Be a calmer parent
- Increase my patience
- Learn how to empathy, give choices and help my kids become confident & independent
- Connect with my three children, even in the midst of discipline
- Help my children talk about emotions and help them to open up so I understand what they’re feeling
- Stay in-tune to my personal triggers so I don’t place my own baggage on my kids in times of stress or frustration
- Remain calm and keep a peaceful home even during a tantrum or “kid crisis”
“Traditional” parenting tools don’t work with my strong-willed son and he pushes me often to stretch myself as his Mom and rise to meet his unique personality and needs. The best books I’ve found to effectively help him and our relationship are #5 and #6. If you’re in the same boat, these could become very well read in your house too.
When things begin to stir up at our house and I need help or a refresher, these 10 books are the best parenting books around. They all follow positive parenting methods and take a heart-centered approach to raising awesome kids, and being a connected and calm Mama.
I can’t say enough good things about these books, I hope they help you in your parenting journey as much as they’ve helped me along mine.