FREE PDF Printable Nature Sensory Scavenger Hunt perfect to explore the outdoors, to use in your backyard, at a local park, to take hiking, or camping, or use for an outdoor-themed birthday party activity! The link to this outdoor sensory scavenger hunt for kids printable is down below.
Letting Kids Explore the Outdoors with their Senses
This is an awesome activity that helps kids use their senses (ok… maybe not the sense of taste in this activity), but all the other ones including touch, sight, smell, and hearing.
- Improved and better regulation of positive moods,
- Cognitive health of children,
- Overall wellbeing including your better nervous, endocrine, and immune systems.
Exploring the senses is fun and important for kids to do. There are many ways you can do this, but my kids love being outside and I thought up this creative outdoor sensory scavenger hunt for them to explore in nature, and use their senses all at once. They were in heaven, and I know your kids will love this activity, too.
Don’t Forget to Pack This Gear for Your Outdoor Sensory Scavenger Hunt
- Printed Nature Sensory Scavenger Hunt (you can download from the link below)
- Pencil or Pen to check off completed tasks
- Bag or container to carefully keep your outdoor scavenger hunt goodies inside.
- Magnifying class, binoculars, insect net or jars to capture (and then release) insects and things you find on your nature themed scavenger hunt.
Note: If you want to reuse the Outdoor Sensory Scavenger Hunt I created, simply laminate it, and use dry-erase markers so it can be wiped clean for next time.
When The Scavenger Hunt is Over…
It’s the perfect time to crack open your goodie bags and explore what you found during the scavenger hunt. It’s a fun time for everyone to talk about the experience and recollect what they saw, heard, touched, smelled and observed in nature.
- How does being in nature make you feel?
- What did you like about the outdoor sensory scavenger hunt?
- What was your favorite smell? Least favorite smell?
- What else did you see or find?
- Is there something you can make what you found in nature?
You can also create a family nature box to collect objects you find along the way. Include photos you took on your hike, special shaped rocks, feathers, pinecones, acorns and other good finds.
Explore the Outdoors with this Printable Checklist!
I’ve gathered a list of (16) things to find on your scavenger hunt, that will surely liven up your next walk in the woods, park, backyard or camping trip.
Pair this fun nature scavenger hunt with a picnic and enjoy spending time with your family together in nature. The more you’re in nature and teach your children to have an appreciation for it, the more likely they are to grow into adults who value and protect the environment.
So, pack a picnic, print your nature scavenger hunt printables (there is a link to download the Nature Scavenger Hunt PDF Printable below), dress for the weather, and head outdoors to explore.
Download Your Nature Sensory Scavenger Hunt and Get Started!
You can click on the image of the scavenger hunt below or use the download link below the picture, to claim your free PDF printable of this fun exploring outdoors sensory activity.
More Fun Activities for Kids (Inside and Outdoors!)
- FREE 2-Page PDF Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- FREE Nature Scavenger Hunt PDF Printable for Kids
- List of 98 Kid-Approved Indoor Activities for Kids on School Break/Closure
- The Best Inside Activities for Entertaining High Energy Kids
- 50 Activities & Experiments to Keep Kids Learning in Summer
- Camping with Kids: 21 Camping Games & Activities to Entertain Kids
- Genius Hacks to Make Camping with Kids Fun & Stress-Free
- Creating Screentime Rules for Summer (Free Printable)